Marlington Post Office, 1887-1915
By the late 19th and early 20th centuries, almost every hamlet and village in Canada had its own local post office. Many of these were in private homes or stores, and each was overseen by a postmaster or postmistress. There were dozens of post offices in Stanstead County alone. One of them, the Marlington Post Office, was opened February 1, 1887 and closed October 18, 1915. The postmasters were E. B. Gustin (1887-1903), Mrs. Mary Gustin (1903-1908), and Warren B. Bullock (1908-1915). Donation attributed to Arthur Soutière, between 1963 and 1972.
Inventory number: 1990.499
Adoption price : $500