J. J. Parker (1877-1961) was born in Hatley and was a graduate of the Commercial School at Stanstead College. He started his career in photography in 1896, working with George Johnston of Sherbooke. In November 1899, he opened his own studio in Derby Line at the corner of Caswell Avenue and Main Street. Around 1965, the SHS acquired some 7,000 glass negatives, mostly portraits and landscapes, which are now preserved for future generations. Parker and his wife, Ethelwyn Brooks, were active members of the SHS. This camera was donated to the Society in 1970 by the estate of J. J. Parker.
Inventory number: 1989.1588
Adoption price : $750 / ADOPTED!