This lithograph created by artist Edward Brown represents the popular international dog sled derby hold by Rotary Club of the Boundary. The Rotary Club of the Boundary was officially chartered during a ceremony at the Del Monte Hotel in Rock Island on June 26, 1935. It was the first Rotary club to be formed with members from two countries. Today, members are from Rock Island, Stanstead, Beebe and Ayer’s Cliff on the Canadian side, and Derby Line on the American side. Upon retiring from the Forces, Edward Brown (circa 1900-1976) settled near Lake Massawippi in 1962, then moved to Ayer’s Cliff. The artist, a member of the SHS, illustrated several Eastern Townships landscapes. Donated by Edward Brown, unknown date.
Inventory number: 1989.1280
Adoption price: $100 / ADOPTED!