Coalport Tea Service, circa 1891
This tea service was offered to Mary Spafford Williams and John Child Colby as a wedding gift in 1908. The set was donated to the Society in 2001 by their son, John H. E. Colby, one of the SHS’s most generous patrons. Founded by John Rose in 1795, the Coalport Porcelain Manufactory dominated a significant portion of the market throughout the 19th century. This company created an impressive range of porcelain products.
Inventory number: 2001.46-53