Adopt an Artefact Fundraising Program
The Stanstead Historical Society (SHS) is the custodian of an extensive collection of artefacts and archives representing the history and heritage of the border communities of Stanstead County, from the early 19th and 20th centuries. This incredible collection, which bears witness to the rich cultural heritage of Stanstead County, telling the stories of our region and community, is yours to discover!
The Adopt an Artefact fundraising program has been conceived as a way for local residents, schools, businesses and organizations of the MRC de Memphrémagog to adopt an artefact from our collection. Each artefact to adopt from our online catalogue will be on display within the museum for one full year. By adopting one of our artefacts, you will be contributing in a meaningful way to the preservation and promotion of our collections.
What are the benefits?
When you adopt an artefact from the SHS collection, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- A certificate of adoption;
- A document containing a photograph and a description of your artefact;
- A label will be displayed next to your artefact acknowledging your contribution (credit line is optional);
- An acknowledgment along with the other adopters on a panel displayed in the museum and on our website (optional);
- Your personal story on our website (optional);
- First choice to re-adopt the following year (adoptions of $ 1,000 and over);
- A tax receipt (total amount);
- Two tickets to the Unveilling Soirée (adoptions of $ 750 and over);
- One ticket to the Unveilling Soirée (adoptions of $ 100 to $ 500).
Adopting an artefact can be a fun and unique way of offering a gift to someone you love!
- The catalog of artefacts is available online and at the front desk of the museum for consultation only.
- We encourage you to adopt an artefact online. Payment can be made securely online with Visa and Mastercard.
- You can also adopt an artefact by phone or in person by contacting Alison Hannan at 819 876-7322.
- Adoptions are for a one year term. We will send a reminder by email that your adoption is about to expire.
- Adoptors of SHS treasures ($ 1000 and over) have first rights to readopt for the following year. Please note that an artefact may not be available for adoption the following year.
- Please allow one-two weeks for the processing and mailing of the adoption documents.
- The tax receipts will be mailed at the end of the current year of adoption.
- Questions, concerns and comments about the Adopt an Artefact fundraising program may be directed to Alison Hannan, by email email@example.com or by calling 819 876-7322.
Board of Directors
Matthew Farfan, President
Hélène Danneau, Vice President
Brenda Goodsell, Director
Chloë Southam, Director-Curator
Elise Roberge, Museum Technician
Kathy Curtis, Archivist
Alison Hannan, Executive Assistant
Master of Ceremony, Unveiling Soirée
Joanne Croghan, Mentor
Richard Roy, Photographer
Sylvain Leblanc, Graphic Designer (Simbole)
Julie Frédette, Translator
Information to come!
Salon Miss Bob et Pine
Mécanique Industrielle M.I.S.A.
La Palais De Beauté Anne’s Beauty Palace Salon
Our Sponsors & Partners