This pocket watch belonged to Walter George Belknap, manager of the Magog fish hatchery from 1900 to 1940. The watch is made of brass, glass and 14-karat gold. In the middle of the chain, a brass rod secures it in a buttonhole. Two keys, located at the end of the chain, are used to wind the mechanism. This watch of the P.S. Bartlett model was manufactured in 1874 by the American Watch Co., or Waltham Watch Company, a pioneer of watchmaking in the States and active from 1850 to 1957 in the town of Waltham, Massachusetts. It stopped at 5:13 minutes and 38 seconds. Donation from Merrick Belknap.
Adoption price: $250