26th Stanstead Dragoons Military Tunic, circa 1910
This magnificent military tunic is one of the rare artefacts relating to this unit in the Stanstead Historical Society’s collection. This Reserve Force regiment originated in Coaticook, Quebec on April 1st, 1910, when the 26th Canadian Horse Stanstead Dragoons were authorized to be formed. It was redesignated 26th Stanstead Dragoons on September 3rd, 1912 and The Eastern Township Mounted Rifles on March 15th, 1920. On December 15th, 1936 it was converted to artillery and redesignated the 27th Field Brigade, Royal Canadian Artillery (RCA). Unknown donor.
Inventory number: 2016.512